Tuesday, August 13, 2019

heat

It is getting hot this summer. The AC is working like a champ. I've run out of charge a handful of times over the past 6 years. Each time it was due to my charger turning Off due to high temperature. The model I have appears to need to be reset to recover from this condition. However, if I don't pay attention I do not notice that I'm heading out with less than full charge.

I picked up a Manzanita Micro PFC20 charger with forced air cooling. It's the green box at the bottom of this picture. The previous charger only had fins for cooling.
















Sure enough, this charger overheats as well. At least it continues to charge, only at a lower rate. The BMS is wired to give it the Off signal when charge is complete.

My water cooled motor controller is overheating as well. I may need a bigger radiator.
















My battery has been at 120 degF by the time I get home from work lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment