I wired a plug-in clock to the BMS controlled charging relay (DPDT). I set the clock at noon and start the charge. The duration of the battery charge is recorded when the clock stops. My charge is constant current so I can then calculate amp hours consumed since the last charge.
The 12V output in the old charger is broken, I've replaced it with another 12V charger.
I can communicate with the BMS using a terminal app on my iPhone. The terminal app is what logged the run around the block in step 28. If the BMS has a fault this is how I read it.
The old school is producing a number around 315Wh/mile. The new school 290Wh/mile. I have more trust in the old school at this point. While driving the new school appears to blank out under high current getting stuck for periods at 0A or 497A. I need to rewire the current sensor using shielded cable.
|new school current sensor|